Be careful of gSUNh Imitations !
Regretfully, we have recently found some imitation products of our gSUNh Brand Automotive Belts in several countries, and they have been causing some critical engine problems to our consumersf vehicles.
Such imitations look similar to the original at a glance, but their belt performance is extremely inferior in very important characteristics such as material, tooth profiles, and belt thickness. Our genuine gSUNh brand products have been manufactured for over 40 years under strict quality control in Japan.
We strongly warn any manufacturers / importers / distributors who deal with imitations of our gSUNh brand products, calling on them to stop manufacturing and / or selling these imitations. We also ask all customers to pay careful attention when purchasing automotive belts. If you have any doubts, please immediately contact us or our official distributors / agents locally to clarify whether the purchased belt is original gSUNh or an imitation.
If you have any queries about our gSUNh products, please feel free to contact us by e-mail or CONTACT page. However, we will assume no responsibility whatsoever for any damages or losses caused by the use of imitations.
Ushio Industries, Ltd.
Although our brand logo gSUNh is printed on these products, there is no part# like them in our gSUNh product line. We strongly recommend that you do not use these imitations of inferior quality.
Comparative test with authentic gSUNh timing belts
|Thickness||Extremely thicker / Uneven|
|Width & length||10% shorter ~ +10% longer than ideal value|
|Precision of tooth shape||Very bad / Poor meshing with pulleys|
|Exterior (rubber part)||Ununiform|
|Material||Low-grade rubbber / Low-grade code|
Conclusion from the test result of imitations
- There is insufficient strength in several important parts.
- They failed in accuracy of finishing. The belts are lacking in softness.
- There are deviations on the belt dimensions due to their poor finishing.
- There is a huge variation in several data.
From the above results, it is most likely that the fake belts or other surrounding parts (pulleys or tensioners) would fracture at an early stage due to high-load by the defects. Also, abnormal noises would occur.
Imitations would bring grave consequences
- A broken timing belt could cause breakdown of engine.
- Imitations could spoil your precious car.
- Fake drive belts could hurt your companyfs reputation.
- If you find imitations or have any doubts, please immediately contact us or our official distributors / agents locally.